Updated Sunday February 4, 2018 by Jeff Kelly.
Present: Pat Patterson, JD Fier, Jeff Kelly, Paul Hebert, Matt Demers, Amy Sweeney, Andrew Witkowski, Steve Drescher, Paul Metivier, Gary Smith
Call to order at 7:00pm by Pat Patterson
League Update from Pat
- Vision for 2018 with three driving factors: Kids. Volunteerism. Baseball.
- Sustainability as an argument for everything we do for the league. Our Volunteers, Economics and Systems drive towards the sustainability of the league.
7:10 Registration - Andrew
- Opened on 11/15 with 10% off through January 15. 31 currently registered with 16 first timers.
- All flyers distributed across schools.
- Will contact Boys and Girls Club about distributing flyers
7:15 Website updates - Matt
- Registration info is in The Telegraph and online.
- Promoting USA Bats on Facebook and web. USA Bats must be used in Minors through Majors. The board will visit each team this Spring for a documented equipment check.
- Features on the website continue to be updated.
- 2 code of conducts have been posted.
- Website content audit continues
7:35 Financial Update - Paul H.
- Financial position is strong
- Poised for successful 2018
7:40 Hitting Clinic - Gary
- Start Jan 21- Mar 18 with Jim Bail at NSA.
7:45 Bylaws committee updates - Jeff
- Have reviewed bylaws over past month.
- Will provide a side by side listing of proposed bylaw changes before the January meeting for vote.
- Asking all board member to review their responsibilities and add edits in next few weeks.
- Everything on bylaws should have to do with league governance.
8:05 Fundraising - Amy
- Sweatshirt update
- Five Below fundraiser Dec 10-23, show flyer and 10% goes to Nashua Cal Ripken
- Texas Roadhouse fundraiser January 4
- Margaritas fundraiser January 18
- Banner ad sales to be coordinated by Matt Hannon
- Calendar sales preliminary discussion
- Holman Stadium event in July/August
8:25 Field updates - Steve
- A full inventory of field needs has been compiled
8:30 Regional Tournament - Steve/Gary
- There is an opportunity to apply for hosting of 12U 2018 Regionals
- Went through pros and cons for the league
- Vote passed to ask Regional committee to do site visit and provide Field approval before league vote.
Next meeting is January 8, 2017
at the Nashua Public Library 7:00pm-9:00pm