Updated Tuesday September 11, 2018 by Nashua Cal Ripken.
7:00 Call to Order
- Pat announced that he will not be running for president due to personal issues, he would find a way to be involved but not in that capacity.
7:00-7:05 Financial Update – Paul
- Revenue up 28%
- Cash on hand up 38%
- Sponsors up 102%
- Calendar Sales up
- 12U regional made $2000 after expenses
- Paul Feels comfortable using $5000 at the end of fall for field/equipment help. Steve to prioritize.
7:05-7:25 Fall Ball
- Registration Update – Andrew
- On track for last year’s numbers - still need coaches
- Lessons learned – Too many kids on a team at the lower levels, need to close registration earlier for AAA/Majors
- Hit and Run proposal – Andrew
- Derek to put it to a vote by next Wednesday to adopt this at all levels.
- General Fall Ball discussion – All
- Pat to get with Hollis on schedule
- Derek to email Gary to pick coaches
7:25-7:30 Fields Update – Steve
- Steve to talk to city about any Fall plans
- Looking for ideas for field improvements
- Got approval to fix bathrooms at Dube
- Need bases at Drescher – will look into stanchions
7:30-7:35 Fundraising & Sponsorships
- Amy to hand out sweatshirts
- Do we want to do meat bingo again in April?
7:35-7:40 Media Update
7:40-7:45 Purchasing Update
- Pat to check with Paul on uniforms and hats for fall – we will have to order something
- Question on if we want to change hats from MLB to a league brand
7:45-7:50 Player Development
7:50-8:45 Updates – Pat
- Pat gave an update on scoreboards, couple options were discussed.
8:30-9:00 Public Forum
- Mike Holbrook asker about the coach’s son rule at Majors – the board agreed that we need to look at that rule.
- Mike also asked about the drafting of assistant coaches as opposed to getting one prior to the draft.